Through the Green
Calling All (Amateur) Photographers!
Through the Green wants you to share the beauty of your course with the membership with our photography contest! We are looking for images of your golf course, including scenes similar to our cover and center spread photos, wildlife on the course, maintenance operations and/or construction. Images will be judged on composition, originality, technical excellence and artistic merit. All photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that are digitally altered beyond standard optimization (e.g., removal of dust, cropping) will be disqualified. We will be accepting both digital images and prints beginning January 1–July 31, 2018.
The grand prize winner and two semifinalists’ winning photos will be appear in the November/December 2018 issue of Through the Green. Up to six (6) alternate finalists’ photos will also appear along with the three top winners on Georgia GCSA’s Web site, www.ggcsa.com. Judging will be conducted by the editor and publisher of Through the Green.
- Low-resolution (200-250 dpi; 5 x 7 inch minimum finish size) JPEG images that do not exceed 1 MB in file size each may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each e-mail may include multiple images but should not exceed 3 MB in size.
- High-resolution (300 dpi or higher) JPEG or TIFF images that exceed 1 MB in file size per image must be burned to a CD (Mac or PC) and mailed to the editorial office (address listed below). CD submissions will not be returned.
- Prints not exceeding 8 x 10 inches in size will be accepted but will be digitized for publication purposes. Prints must be protected by cardboard to prevent bending and mailed to the editorial office (address listed below). Receipt of prints cannot be acknowledged. Photos will not be returned. Please do not write directly on the back of any submitted prints.
- Color slides will not be accepted for this contest.
Please remember to include the following information with each image:
(a) Name of the photographer,
(b) Date photo was taken (month/year),
(c) Location where photo was taken (please include course name and city),
(c) Name(s) of person(s) and/or animal(s) in the photo, and
(d) Situation (e.g., describe maintenance operation or construction).
All mailed entries should be shipped in bend-proof packaging marked PHOTOS DO NOT BEND to 2017 Photo Contest, c/o Through the Green, PO Box 310, Hartwell, GA 30643.
- This contest is open to amateur photographers (those who do not receive 50% or more of their income from photography) at least 18 years of age who are Georgia GCSA members in good standing.
- The 2018 Photo Contest will run between January 1, 2018 and July 31, 2018. All mailed materials must be postmarked by July 31, 2018. Late entries will automatically be disqualified.
- Submitted photographs must be previously unpublished to be considered.
- All photos must be in color and relevant to either your golf course, wildlife on the course, maintenance operations and/or construction.
- All submissions must include the name of the photographer, date the photo was taken, location the photo was taken, name(s) of person(s) and/or animal(s) in the photo and situation. Only submissions that include this information will be considered eligible. Photographers may enter more than one photograph so long as this information is included with each image.
- By submitting photography to this contest, you agree to allow your photograph(s) to appear in Georgia GCSA’s publications, including Through the Green and/or other promotional materials, as well as Georgia GCSA’s Web site, www.ggcsa.com, without paying compensation to the photographer or the subjects. All entries become the exclusive property of Georgia GCSA and will not be returned.
- Georgia GCSA assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible or mutilated entries or for any electronic or Internet-related hardware or software failures or malfunctions that may occur.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win this contest. Contest void where prohibited.
For More Information, Contact...
Through the Green
PO Box 310
Hartwell, Georgia 30643
(706) 376-3585 (phone) or (706) 376-7573 (fax)